Hunlay CurryPrint Recipe
- Pork Belly or deboned pork knuckle 3 kg.
- Garlic Bulbs (peeled) 100 g.
- Shredded Ginger 100 g.
- Sugar Cane Cubes 100 g.
- Tamarind Juice to taste
- Seasonal Fruit (apple or any kinds of sweet and sour fruit) to taste
- Hunglay Spice Powder 3 sachets
- Black Soy Sauce to taste
- Dried chilis 7
- Thinly Sliced Galangal 20 g.
- Thinly Sliced Lemongrass 1 1/2 tb.sp.
- Red onions
- Shrimp Paste 2 tb.sp.
Making hunlay chilli paste by put garlic, dried chili, galangal, lemongrass, red onion and shrimp paste pound it into a nice paste
Wash pork belly or deboned pork knuckle, let it dry.
Stir fried the meat in large wok over low heat, until it looks a bit dry.
Add chilli paste and hunglay powder.
Stir until all ingredients are well mixed.
Splash black soy sauce.
Add garlic bulbs followed by fruit and ginger
Keep cooking on low heat until the meat is soft, seasoned with sugar cane and tamarind juice.
Seasonal fruit can be apple, tangerine or santol.